Maven Science publishes peer-reviewed research oriented scientific articles on an open access platform. The constituent journals have independent and exclusive managing editorial staff and centralized and transparent manuscript processing including rapid and robust per-review process.
Once the article is published, the authors therein retain the copyright of their research work under open access license terms.
Indexing of the journal articles in large and geographically well distributed databases ensures wider outreach, expanded readership and higher chances of article citation.
Maven Science publisher lays special emphasis on providing equal opportunity to all the scholarly contributors originating from all across the world without any sort of discrimination whatsoever. Consequently, we cater to the publishing needs of people from remote corners of different regions as well as those from developing and underdeveloped countries.
- No need for authors to sign any copyright agreement
- Rapid response and manuscript processing with adequate peer-review time allocation
- After the online publication of the article it is made instantly accessible freely without any restrictions
- Permission to re-use for non-commercial purpose is automatically granted under CC-BY-NC 4.0 creative commons attributions license terms provided proper accreditation of the original source and citation is given.
- Instant manuscript ID allocation along with acknowledgement to the corresponding authors upon content submission
- Free online tracking of the manuscript progress with email alerts on reaching important milestone.
- There are no hidden surcharges for copy editing, reformatting and graphical art services.
- Authors can avail time to time discounts on articles processing charges
- Free language editing services are offered for manuscripts submitted from non-english speaking countries
All the submitted and invited manuscripts are subjected to internal and external review. Managing editorial staff performs the initial qualitative assessment for standard publication requirements. The editorial office arranges for the expert peer-review of the submitted manuscript. In this regard, authors can also forward a list of subject oriented reviewers to enable relatively faster peer- review process. Editorial office also ensures adequate revisions are implemented based on the review comments/recommendations and/or suggestions. The final decision on the manuscript is taken by the Editor in Chief/ Editorial board in consultation with the reviewers and conveyed to the corresponding author. The accepted articles are immediately sent for production wherein copyediting, style sheet implementation and article sequencing is done.
Open Access Publication
Open access publication implies that the peer-reviewed articles are made freely accessible and made available devoid of any kind of subscription charges or payment. Anyone from anywhere can access the full-text of the published article.
As per the creative commons attribution license no special permissions are required for reuse of the article provided the original article source is cited appropriately and the contributors are acknowledged. However, reuse does not mean endorsement by either the author or the publisher.
The published content including the text, figures, graphs and supplements can be connected to the external resources; can be downloaded in the search engine, and accessible to the crawlers and text mining software with proper accreditation of the publication source and the authors.
Advantages of open access publishing
Open access facilitates exchange of scholarly knowledge almost on real time basis and thus promotes cross disciplinary research and development across the world. Open access publication ensures that there is no redundancy and duplication of research efforts thus making the research and development process efficient. The developing and the under developed countries as well as Institutions with no special fund allocation for library services and the aspiring younger generation benefits from open access publishing resources. Open access articles are amenable for inclusion in abstracting and indexing databases as well as various search engines.
Online hoisting of the published articles enables faster publication and quicker access. The frequency of citation of the open access articles is very high compared to subscription based publications.
Open access publishing is done at a very low article processing charge which is mainly to cover for the manuscript editorial processing, graphical services, copyediting and digital archiving server maintenance, human resources, etc. The APC is also payable by the authors’ host institute, organization or even by the research funding agency. Only for an accepted article, one time APC is required. Standard one time APC is applicable regardless of the length and complexity of the manuscript.
Maven Science Publisher provide online signup and registration services for the authors to enable seamless, accurate and efficient transactions including manuscript submission, tracking and payments. For registered authors, email alerts regarding new offers, status of the paper acceptance and special issue announcements are sent. Registered institutions are notified regarding new submission from their organization.
Author oriented services
- The final articles are archived in the publisher institutional repository and made accessible for life time. Additionally “A” publisher have contract with permanent digital archiving resources for life time availability.
- If the authors face any difficulty during online submission they can send the content to the Editorial office as an email attachment. Additionally authors can also avail real time assistance based on online chat service.
- Language editing services are offered for improvement in overall presentation and context.
- Plagiarism check services are offered upon request to estimate the extent of content duplication and identify the areas of improvement for enhancing the probability of forwarding to subject peer-review.
- Grammar and sentence phrasing are also checked for improvement in the presentation.
- Initial formatting can be done upon specific request from the author based on the desired type of the article and any additional section requirements are conveyed.
- Authors can also opt for professional editing service that includes scientific terminology, notations and abbreviations in consultation with the subject experts.
Article decision categories
The final decision on the status of the article is made based upon the review comments and revisions received from the authors. The managing editor in consultation with the editor in chief or handling academic editor and based upon the communication received from the reviewer will convey one of the following decisions to the corresponding author:
Accepted: The manuscript is accepted for publication with potential minor typographic corrections to be corrected in the author proof stage and for this a galley proof is sent prior to online hoisting
Minor revision: The paper is accepted for publication provided few revisions are suggested by the reviewer or the editor and are duly incorporated.
Major revision: The final acceptance of the manuscript will be based on the extent of external peer-reviewer suggested revision that is incorporated by the authors. Revised paper is sent to the reviewer for final comments.
Resubmit: Incomplete articles are advised for resubmission after including the necessary sections and relevant content to make the manuscript meet minimal publication standards
Reject: Manuscripts with significant duplications and completely devoid of original contributions and those with major scientific errors or breach of data and copyright policy are summarily rejected.