The editors are recognized by the publisher for their long-term professional and scholarly services and are cordially invited for appoint as Journal academic and scientific Editor. Alternately, the Editor can approach the publisher to initiate a Journal in the field of their expertise having immense scope and relevant to the publisher reader base. The members of the editorial board ranking from Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editor to Editorial members are central to the overall editorial processing activities and their responsibilities are on par with the Journal publishers in ensuring both scheduled publication timeliness and standards.
Editor deputation criteria
- Good publication track record in the form of International Journals, books and conference presentations
- Should have reviewed several manuscripts in the field of their research
- Should have senior academic or research designation and affiliation. Having a Ph. D qualification would be an added advantage.
Editor Roles & Responsibilities
- Editors play pivotal role in defining, formulating, revising and implementing the author and reviewer guidelines as well as the publishing policies including policies on conflict of interest.
- The editors have the responsibility to ensure that there are no conflicts of interest either in terms of article contributions or research funding. While doing so, the editors maintain complete confidentiality of the publication content and the publication process.
- Editorial recommendations are weighted heavily by the publisher on critical matters such as ethical issues. Detailed ethical guidelines on the functional role of the editors in discharge of the duties can be obtained from COPE guidelines, PERK as well as from the Publisher ethics and policies.
- An editor is expected to have a clear understanding of the Journal editorial policies and publication ethics.
- Editors participate in making important and crucial decisions in journal publication activities.
- Editors have great responsibility on making final and critical decision on the manuscripts in the best interest of the Journal readership and research direction.
- The editors work with the Journal managing editors as well as publication and production teams and actively participate in publishing activities such as to evaluate the pattern of the articles in that are in pipeline, for allocation of the articles to the issues, determination of the article composition in an issue and issue release.
- Editors have to ensure reasonable manuscript turnaround time and that there are sufficient articles in the pipeline for production of the issues for one year.
- Editor has responsibility to uphold the mandate of the Journal, promote the Journal publishing interests and preserve the Journal reputation.
- Editor coordinates with all the stakeholders of publications, including reviewers and authors for ensuring overall progress and advancement of the research topics endorsed by the Journal.
- Editors need to identify the emerging areas of research, new fields of research to meet the evolving demands by the readers and promote the Journal publication track progression in that direction by encouraging novel initiatives.
- Editors are solicited by the publisher to provide their valuable recommendations, testimonials and editorial communication from time to time.
- An editor shall not have any sort of bias of whatsoever nature in dealing with the academic and scientific merit of the submitted manuscripts.
- The Editors establish, develop and optimize mechanisms and modalities for efficient editorial processing of the manuscript including expert peer review upholding the editorial policies.
- Editors have to invite and nurture the expert peer reviewer panel members and academic advisory board members and provide them with critical feedback.
- Editors assign manuscripts to the reviewers based on their expertise in the field of research and reviewer interest.
- Editors convey the policies and guidelines to the reviewers for manuscript evaluation.
- Editors also provide recognition and appreciation of the professional services rendered by the reviewers in various forms such as issue of certificates, academic credits and offering professional membership. The Editor-in-Chief has authority to either accept or reject an article.